1. I am a follower of Jesus.
2. I married my perfect match who happens to be active duty military. Therefore, every few years, I find myself being uprooted and taking on a new adventure in a new state/country.
3. I am blessed beyond measure as the mom to two active, hilarious, joy-filled boys.
4. I run a lot. It maintains my sanity.
5. I recently quit my job to homeschool my kids while we’re living abroad. I’m a little nervous, but excited at the same time.
6. I eat an embarrassing amount of ice cream every week. Seriously – it’s horrifying. However, the good news is that my old candy eating habit is under control!
7. I am not photogenic (and will therefore not show many pics of myself on this – or any – blog). I tend to go all crazy-eyed. You know the look… I just hope they look better in real life than they do in pictures.
8. With very few exceptions, my best friends today are the same from my childhood/teenage years. Time and distance never seem to affect friendships that run that deep. I love this.
9. My greatest desire is for my boys to love Jesus more and more as they grow and mature into young men. The need for men with Christ-like hearts and character is overwhelming.
10. My parents still live in the same house in which I was raised. Because we have a somewhat nomadic lifestyle that prohibits any deep, geographic or emotional roots to grow, that same house has become “home” to my boys. I also love this.
Life is never dull!
Oh! And for the record, I really do have pink rainboots. I received them from the hubs shortly after hearing about the weather in the Yorkshire Dales. Apparently I’ll be wearing them a lot.
Here I am, wow’ing my kids with my architectural prowess. And also, it is the only recent, non-crazy-eyed, pic of myself that I could find.